Monday 5 December 2016

Unsure...

Once upon a time, back in March of 2011 I thought I knew what I wanted from my blog, and started out on a journey of which I knew all directions. Then I stumbled upon a junction. A choice. Which way? I chose the undiscovered country road into writing.

Now don't misunderstand me, I was happy travelling my new path. Meeting new, interesting people, sharing thoughts, learning new things and getting involved in a whole new community. It simply fizzled with energy and possibilities - the potential for greater things cocked its finger and beckoned me on.

Now it's December of 2016 and I no longer walk the path. It saddens me greatly, for truth be told, I was happiest mixing with my new-found writerly friends and taking part in projects, exercises and fun distractions.

So what happened?

I lost my muse, my mojo and my direction. I left the path, and turned my back on my blog, teased away by the shadowy figure lurking by the roadside trees, otherwise known as distraction. I lost touch with new friends, of whom barely a handful kept in touch. Of the rest, like a man fallen overboard from a vast, great vessel mid ocean at night, I watched helplessly whilst treading water, as they carried on their merry journey oblivious to my absence. I resigned to my fate.

But of all, including the very few who have kept me company from time-to-time, there is one, only one, that has stayed and offered words of encouragement, taken time to read my tiny offerings and asked for nothing in return. She has been a point of light upon which I have focused and drawn inspiration and hope from. I am truly lucky to call her friend.

So this is for you, Elise Fallson, my one constant in my journey. Always there with a comment and encouraging word, an example of what friendship means: no expectations, no judgements, no conditions - a beautiful human being and talented writer. My friend. I present to you, more from Kate Bush. Enjoy  :)


1 comment:

Elise Fallson said...

Thank you, Mark. I don't know what to say. You have always been a kind soul, willing to share your talent, and encouraging words, and popping in on your blog has always been a pleasure. We all lose our way from time to time, I think that's how we grow. Thank you for this, for putting a smile back on my face and I'm glad we've been able to stay connected through it all. Think I'll go add more Kate Bush to my play list. Hugs. :)