Tuesday 19 December 2017

I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker

In my job I get to travel around most of Wales, and it's not unusual for me to be on the motorway at 0500 hours in a bid to outrun the commuter rush up the M4 or M5. As pretty as headlights and taillights queued up for miles seem to appear when viewed from a footbridge, it's a totally different story when you're sat smack-bang in the middle of it. 

On these journeys I like to drag along a selection of CDs to break the monotony of radio stations filled with more advertising than music. On one of these compilation CDs - a 3 CD set entitled: BBC Radio 2 Presents The Playlist - is the following song by Sandi Thom: I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair).  I just love the lyrics, which always put a wistful smile on my face, because they ring so true. For those of a certain age range and generation will understand, whilst others won't have a clue.

I hope you enjoy :)


No comments: