Thursday 15 March 2012

Setting the Scene, Creating the Mood - Watch, Look & Listen - Enjoy

Be you a gamer, a role player, a GM/DM or a writer, setting the scene or creating the mood and bringing to life the magic that is our imagination is all important. It takes us to another dimension from which to enjoy those things that give us pleasure.

I present to you a mix of visual and audio pleasure; stimulate your mind (and soul) with these two videos. Hopefully they will inspire you into creativity, or simply move you to a state of relaxation. Either way, these are beautiful works that never fail to move me and make me question as to why mankind is so hell bent on ruining this precious gift we live on.


The gentleman concerned is a passionate landscape photographer from Norway, you can find more info on his Facebook page, or on his Youtube channel. This gentleman sold everything he owned to travel the world so he could create his first ever film/movie, and he's still out there now, doing it. I hope you'll agree, this guy is worthy of following, I believe his name is Teso, though I cannot be 100% sure - do forgive me.

The first video is entitled 'The Mountain' - filmed in El Teide, Spain between 4th and 11th April 2011
About the music to this film - the pianist is Ludovico Einaudi, and the piece he is playing is entitled: Nuvole Bianche.





The second offering is 'The Arctic Light'. Very beautiful and another lovely piano piece to accompany it. Filmed between the 29th April and 10th May in the Arctic, in the archipelago Lofoten in Norway.


More detailed information on Teso Photography can be found here

10 comments:

Amanda Heitler said...

Beautiful work. Thank you for sharing.

Mark K said...

Entirely my pleasure :)

Nikki said...

Aww poor you having to go through that, root canal work sounds horrid! I'll try to keep my candy pictures to a minimum for you :)

I loved these. I thought I'd commented yesterday but I obviously got distracted (too much sugar! opps don't talk about sugar!) Of course I especially loved the Norwegian one! Thank you for sharing them :)

Mark K said...

You are more than welcome, Nikki :)

Carol Kilgore said...

Beautiful videos. Loved both of them.
Happy Weekend!

Will Doyle said...

Nice videos(and nice blog!). Both movies are great, but I particularly liked the wave-like clouds in the first one.

Nikki said...

I have a surprise for you on my blog :) I will respond to your comments later (I shouldn't even be blogging right now, I have so much work!!)

Nikki said...

Oh my goodness!! Thank you so so much for your amazing comment, it really means so much to me! I am going to use all of your tips! Your support really comforted me and helped me to calm down about this presentation, thank you so much!!!

Of course I would love to read your story. Where can I find it? I absolutely love fantasy fiction!!! I know I may not seem the type but I'm obsessed! :D

Amanda Heitler said...

Mark - womble along to http://dramadiceanddamsons.blogspot.co.uk/ to pick up a Versatile Blog award. Hope the tooth improves. You have my sympathy. I can hardly bear to think about my own teeth at the moment.

Hannah said...

Kind of relevant I think, and I thought your followers might like this (found it on a random tumblr blog):
"In many shamanic societies, if you came to a medicine person complaining of being disheartened, dispirited, or depressed, they would ask one of four questions. When did you stop dancing? When did you stop singing? When did you stop being enchanted by stories? When did you stop finding comfort in the sweet territory of silence?"