Sunday 30 May 2021

Kent (band)

Sometimes, just sometimes, YouTube's algorithm throws you a diamond from the rough with one of its 'suggested' videos. So it was with a farewell video from a Swedish band called 'KENT'.

The video alone, with its skeletal-faced, blue-haired drummer girl, was enough to pique my curiosity. Upon playing, the whole concept grabbed me, sending shivers up and down my neck. As a result I now have this band tagged as one of my favourites on Spotify. The video itself is a visual reference to all their albums: the Skeletal drummers, the tiger, the girl in the woods, the rider & horse - something I only found out through reading various posts by fans.

As mentioned, the video I'm linking is their farewell, the band is now no more, having been active from 1990 to 2016 - gutted really, as I've just stumbled upon them. But have no fear, their music is still out there, and asides from the video, I'm posting one track from their official YouTube channel.

If you enjoy the video and the music and wish to find out more about the band, click on this LINK and it will take you to the wiki page detailing all you need to know.  Enjoy.






No comments: