Thursday 20 May 2021

YouTuber of the Week.

Copyright. © 2021
SlowWalthroughs


In the past I used to run a 'Blogspot of the Week' post, primarily aimed at raising the awareness of fellow bloggers and readers as to new and budding bloggers that I, personally, had found to be informative, entertaining, fresh, amazing or a combination thereof.

Since my hiatus from the Blogoverse and my subsequent return, I see many have also followed a similar path and are no more. As for those still active and thriving I have fallen out of touch with, and I now feel lost and adrift in an ocean of headers, titles, images and words. 

Back to baby steps, I guess, but that's not such a bad thing. 

I've had time to reflect and gaze upon what was once a beautiful thing, but now it, like the caterpillar emerging from the safety of its chrysalis, has now evolved in its form, function and spirit. 

A different beast, though gentle, now sits, head tilted to one side, regarding me expectantly. I know that it knows how much I desire to pick up the thread of my former journey, but our reconnecting symbiosis tells me the past is just that. Gone. New is the flesh, old is the heart, and renewed is the brain and forever is the soul.

Where am I going with this?

Cyberpunk 2077. It is a flawed, buggy and slightly broken game, but amidst all that is a wonderful thing, to which I have already posted previously. Out of the emotional turmoil this game instilled within me - and many, many other players, so it would appear - is a connection encapsulated through the game's vast landscape of music, words, emotions and images.

One such person, seemingly also touched by this phenomenon, put all that pleasure, passion, and possibly even a hint of pain, into creating a mixture of audio and visual treasures under the YouTube channel title of  'Slow Walkthroughs'.

SW, as I refer to them when posting on their comments page via YouTube, has created a respectable (and still growing) library of game soundtracks borne out of a gamer's heart and passion and desire to share. Their talent is clear and unmistakable, and their channel is one of my defaults for when I need to chill, relax and think, or when the creative bug bites me and I need to either scribble, write or sketch.
And yes, I go there at times when I'm feeling the need to reconnect with my cyberpunk self, especially if feeling a tad melancholy.

Go visit, listen and chill. SW is very open to soundtrack suggestions, and a very friendly spirit, so drop them a line in their comments section. I hope you enjoy.


1 comment:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

How the heck are you, me I have been dealing with a little too much of life stuff and barely seem to make any headway. Glad you are back, posting again and stopping over to say HELLO... hello.

If you want you can always drop me an email... take care my friend.

Jeremy