|Image courtesy of |
So, the culprit I am answering to is none other than the Goth Mistress of the Blogosphere herself: Mina Lobo of 'Some Dark Romantic'.
Apparently I have to reveal 11 things about myself. Eleven. Hell, that's going to be tough - but I shall do my utmost to fulfill this blog ritual as best I can, though feel free to fall asleep during the reading.
Eleven 'things' about Me:
- I could, given the opportunity, sleep all day long, but feel like shite after it.
- At one point in my life I had a collection of tarantulas, some breeding, which totalled 35 in all.
- As a child I once stabbed myself in the left forearm with a dart and stared transfixed at the thing jutting out, buried firmly in my flesh and muscle.
- I have a love/hate affair with chocolate, but since Brussels insisted the UK changed the ingredients of its chocolate due to it containing too much milk, if I consume too much it gives me the shits.
- There are times when I am prone to road rage. Before now I have exited my car to have words with a fellow driver.
- Rude people drive me nuts - one reason why I can't wait to dump this current job when the contract ends in October - soooo many rude people I have to bite my tongue with.
- I love the cool evenings of a hot, summer's day, when the sun is low in the sky and the soft caress of a breeze strokes your skin.
- To be surrounded by friends is a wonderful thing, but I also love my own space.
- Back in university I did yoga for a year - it was possibly the best my body has ever felt. Do yoga, meditate and de-stress.
- Hearing our dog, Darcy, fart still makes me laugh, no matter where we are.
- Looking back over my life, I now realise I should have joined the army as the younger, fitter guy I used to be.
And now, I have to answer Mean Mina's ELEVEN! questions below... oh, I'm so going to make you suffer for this, you goth-like devil woman! Grrr! I can't be arsed to type them, so I've copied and pasted, so forgive the untidiness of it all :P
- Who would win in a fight: Captain Jack Sparrow or Willy Wonka (as played by Johnny Depp)? Defend your answer.
- What is your least favorite color and why is it so?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- What are your favorite hamburger (or veggieburger) fixings?
- What's the lamest superpower ever?
- What's a non-conventional method of dispatching vampires and why do you think it would work?
- All you really need is...?
- What is your favorite Duran Duran song? ("I don't have one," or "I love them all," are unacceptable answers.)
- In the song Wannabe, Scary Spice tells us she "...really, really, really wanna zigazig-ah." What the devil did she mean by that?
- When the going gets tough, to what (or whom) do you turn for comfort?
- What is your favorite cocktail (if you don't dig cocktails, what's your favorite drink, generally)?
- Neither - as they'd realise they had more in common than they first thought, sit down, pull out some weed and get stoned as farts whilst discussing arty-farty issues and why French women do not make for good wives.
- I once returned home to our first flat to find my wife had painted the living room in a strange caramel/orange colour. After two days I repainted as that colour actually made me feel nauseous.
- I was just 18 and 'Blade Runner' had been released - it was Sean Young.
- There is a restaurant in a part of Cardiff known as Pontcanna, which is home to 'Diner 77', and there I used to eat on a semi-regular basis. My burger would have melted cheese, a pineapple ring and mushroom sauce... delicious! Oh yes, Diner 77 is no longer a place I like to go - it's nothing like it used to be.
- I could be cutting and say 'America', but I won't... ahem! Superpower ever? Hmm... not sure about a 'superpower', but I always thought Wonder Woman's invisible plane was a pile o' shite.
- Sell them a revolutionary 'sun block' cream that will guarantee their safety even in the noon-day sun, and watch them explode in flames as you've really sold them the lowest factor sun tan lotion.
- Peace of mind.
- Wild Boys - love the video, and played it to death whilst playing Mike Singleton's 'The Lords of Midnight' on my ZX Spectrum 48k... and beating the game.
- The answer is obvious - she's desperate for the toilet, and refers to her particular need as 'zigazig', and the 'ah' bit is her losing control of her bodily functions.
- I'm not prepared to divulge that information.
- As I do not drink alcohol, my favourite drink - now saved for rare occasions - is orange juice and coke mixed. It looks like mud water, is very sweet, and no doubt will strip your teeth and abdominal lining if drank to excess.
~ YAY! I'M DONE! ~