Sunday 19 August 2012

Neil Gaiman: An Inspirational Speech (especially for writers).

I was linked this video showing Neil Gaiman giving an inspirational speech to the University of Arts Class 2012, by one of my close friends from my online gaming community. It's almost twenty minutes long, but it is an excellent speech, and for some reason, Neil Gaiman has this almost hypnotic quality that pulls you along.

I'm hoping those writer blogofs out there will appreciate this for the brilliant speech, wit and intellect that Neil Gaiman presents so effortlessly and with such confidence.

Watch, listen and most of all, enjoy :)

12 comments:

Hannah said...

I approve of this.
#Returns to Mark's own personal online gaming community through the heavy vault door and locks it behind her. Shuffles past the dozens of people also trapped inside and lies down on a moldy pallet to go to sleep.#

Unknown said...

Love this. Exactly what I needed to hear.

Wayne Assiratti said...

Good stuff from one of my favourite authors. Cheers Mark.

Lydia Kang said...

I loved this speech! Neil Gaiman is turning into one of my favorite people, ever.

(BTW, I did get a blog designer to do my blog. Smitten Blogs. ;))

Elise Fallson said...

"Make good art."
Love this clip every time I see it.

Mark K said...

Totally agree with you :)

Mark K said...

Glad you liked it - it is a brilliant speech, and having never seen this guy before I was intrigued (as I always am with authors) as to what he looked like. Seems like a really nice fella.

Mark K said...

Well, your blog looks lovely and fresh, not to mention minimalist - love it.

So glad you enjoyed the video :)

Mark K said...

I just need to make 'art' - can't seem to do it though? Nice to see you back :)

Elizabeth Twist said...

Great clip. My cat has not been well this summer, and every time I start worrying about him, I think: "Cat exploded? Make good art."

(He's not quite at the exploded stage yet, and seems to be on the mend, in case you're inclined to worry.)

Mark K said...

We have two cats, so yes, I understand and appreciate your cat concerns. But don't forget, they do have nine lives :)

Aguilar Elliot said...

what a cool, inspiring dude!