Monday 12 July 2021

July Challenge ~ Day 12.

Fat burning. What can I say? It's hard. Very hard. It takes consistent and intense effort, and at the end of a session the expenditure isn't always as much as you'd like it to be.
That was my session: fat burning via the Renpho AI bike. No hell sets, but just continuous muscle burn and relentless peddling against the clock. Not my favourite kind of session, I have to be honest.

But, like I always say, run your body like a bad bank account and keeping spending more than you put in, and you'll see results. The flip side is, it's still hard bloody work.
I recall a friend of mine, back when he was just about knocking on his twentieth year, saying to me during a discussion regarding food, "I can eat whatever I want, and I never put on weight." I just grinned.
He now understands the reason for that grin, as does his waistline.

We were all once lean, fast, strong, with endless energy, and some even had the kind of definition to their physiques that fitness magazines dream about. Never good trying to live in the past, you only set yourself up for disappointment and failure. I know. We all do, at some point or other. It's the nature of the rose-tinted glass-wearing beast within us. The hardest part is acknowledging to yourself that you're a different person than the one you hold a candle to the most, and your abilities have changed accordingly.
Work with what you have rather than against it, you'll be surprised at the progress you can make. There is nothing you can't do, within reason depending on your physical state and health.

Think positive, be positive, act positive. It's a challenge in itself, there's no mistaking that. Master that and a whole new world of experiences will open up to you. Enough of my twaddle. I have another Joe Rogan video for you, and the subject matter today is 'Training The Right Way'.



Today's song is a cover version of 'The Sound of Silence' by 'Disturbed'. Enjoy.

Until the next time.

No comments: