Thursday 29 July 2021

July Challenge ~ Day 29 - FAILED!

The challenge is over - it beat me and I've failed. How? I decided it would be a core session this evening, so out with my bench. All going well until I decided to perform a set of Static Back Extensions. The bench was weighted down with a 60lb training vest, with my feet hooked underneath said bench. 

All going well with one set complete. Midway through the second set my hamstring pulled. Thankfully I think I've caught it so it wasn't up to Grade 2. But it was enough to let me know I was pushing beyond its limitations of stress coping.

So it's now down to R.I.C.E. (rest-ice-elevation-compression), and a couple of days off training.

I got close, but no banana. I'm so very gutted, but that's the way it goes. I'll certainly be back into training by next week, but mindful not to irritate my hamstring. Next port of call will be to see a fellow Sports Massage Therapist to strip out the leg for me. Utterly not looking forward to that painful experience.

Here goes for my last music posting of the July Challenge, Evanescence and the beautiful, 'My Immortal'.

Enjoy.




No comments: