Friday 2 July 2021

July Challenge ~ Day 2.

 

Copyright ©. 2021 Renpho.
I have an issue. It's my exercise bike, made by Renpho. Unfortunately the handle bars are not rotational in adjustment, height yes, but that's it. What I find is that the pressure exerted down through my palms over the oval tubing has a tendency to reduce blood flow to my fingers, which after a few minutes begin to tingle. It's annoying, as I can't keep a single hand position for too long.

One thing I have learned from using this machine is that padded cycling pants are essential. Really.

There is one final gripe regarding the Renpho AI Exercise Bike, and that's the free app. It's hit and miss. Quite often it will refuse to upload your session at the end of the workout, plus the cadence tracking seems off. It's a good machine, but I wouldn't say it's the best, but if you wish to learn more about it, click this LINK to go to the Renpho website. Pricewise it's in the mid range. Sold either directly or on Amazon, it's priced at £699, although offers are available from time-to-time.

Asides from all that, this bike provides a good warm up session for my daily training, so I aim for anything from 15 - 30 minutes, depending my mood and time of day. 

Today's session mainly focused on legs, but I ended it with a super set (I always perform super sets if possible) of the following:

4 x 15 push ups (close arm position)
4 x 60 second plank, arms fully extended in external rotation.

This killed me. The final set I failed to complete fully as I had no strength left. Going from push ups straight into plank I could feel the strength and energy quite literally drain out of me as each second sloooowly ticked by. But then, it's only day two.

Music for today is by The Sterophonics, a great band from my homeland of Wales, and the track, 'Maybe Tomorrow', from the album, 'You Gotta Go There To Come Back'.

Enjoy.

Until next time.



No comments: