Friday 9 July 2021

July Challenge ~ Day 9.

What a day. Awoke with a tight throat. My first thought, 'I caught the receptionist's damn cold!', but within 30 minutes of being up and about it evaporated like morning mist. Result.

My knee, however. Without a doubt I've damaged my right meniscus from yesterday's session. My only reason for using a jump rope is because I can't run due to a previous high tibial osteotomy on the left leg, and scar tissue in my bicep femoris of my right leg - I stalled a motorcycle whilst out on a test ride, and as it toppled, I put my right leg out to stop it and RRRIIIPP! The bike (KTM790) still touched the ground as I lowered it, but with minimal damage. Same could not be said for my hamstring. The bike in question is pictured below. A weight of 417lbs (189kg) on one leg, the outcome isn't going to be a good one.

Copyright ©. 2021 Wallpapercave.

Anyway, I digress. Jump rope is less impact than running, but it would seem even that lesser amount of impact had a negative effect. I should emphasis that my right knee should also have undergone a high tibial osteotomy following the first, but as the surgeon had over-corrected and refused to perform a revision, I told him he wasn't touching my other leg. Therefore I would have to say, my right knee has been functioning on borrowed time.

As for today's session - I've focused on triceps and back. And, much like yesterday's session, there isn't one set that fits the bill of 'Hell Set'.  The closest I got to it was a dumbbell bent over row set, primarily due to my right hamstring and the scar tissue pulling tight. So keeping form had an added extra degree of difficulty for me. 

The set is as follows:

4 x 20 Dumbbell Bent Over Rows, strict form.

No super sets were performed today.

The song for today is by Woodkid, and is entitled, 'IRON'. This has to be among one of my favourite game trailers. The animation is amazing and fluid, why more feature length films are not made like this, with this quality of CGI, I'll never know (Yes, I'm talking to you, Mr Peter Jackson and that thing you did called, 'The Hobbit'!)?
Watching this still send shivers down my neck when the main character starts kicking serious bad guy butt. Does anyone else think the hangman at the end looks suspiciously like Jason Statham?

Either way, enjoy.

Until tomorrow.



No comments: