Tuesday 27 July 2021

July Challenge ~ Day 27.

 Glutes, Hamstrings, Quads and Lower Back - that was tonight's session, finished off with 20 minutes on the Renpho. And guess what? It didn't kill my butt - I'm either getting used to it, or the seat is beginning to soften.

I've had my post-session smoothie: hemp protein, egg white protein, turmeric, a pinch of black pepper, cinnamon, MCT oil, collagen powder, creatine, organic bio yogurt, semi-skimmed milk, blue berries, strawberries, banana and a drizzle of organic honey. Oh, almost forgot, a new addition, half a teaspoon of Muringa powder.
Asides from the smoothie's rather dull, dark green appearance, it really does taste quite nice, but then I've also drank other types of 'green' smoothies containing Kale, Spinach and other such wonderful ingredients, less palatable, but chugged down nonetheless. So my own concoction is nectar by comparison.

The one thing I'm becoming very aware of during this challenge is my training times. I seem to have adapted to 2100hrs+ time slots, and my body responds quite nicely? So very curious. I think it might have something to do with my hospital work schedule, where I'm home by 1730hrs+, feeling peckish, need to unwind, sometimes need to take the dog for a walk, and just potch (part of my unwind process, so it would seem).
But once I'm at it, I'm away and full into the session. My only drawback is deciding what music to listen to via Spotify.

Talking of music, for tonight I give you The Four Tops, and their brilliant song, 'Reach Out (I'll Be There)' from 1967.

Enjoy, until next time.




No comments: