Sunday 4 July 2021

July Challenge ~ Day 4.

Copyright ©. 2021 seekpng.com

Morning? Afternoon? Evening? The time of day, or night, you do your session is a very personal thing.

I know, for myself, training first thing in the morning isn't my preferred time slot. Evenings I can deal with, but my optimum training window would be the afternoon. It's just how I've found my body to perform at its best, in terms of endurance, fluidity, strength and recovery.

Today's session took place at 2115hrs - not ideal by my standards, but it was my own fault, as Sunday was a distraction day with a dull, sky and heavy rain showers, so I tackled the little jobs required doing to my motorcycle, and, just like browsing YouTube, once you start the time flies by.

This evening's 'Hell Set' was a super set combo consisting of the following:

3 x 40 Mountain Climbers
3 x 20 Squat Thrusts

Now I completed the first rotation, but had struggled with the squat thrusts by the 8th rep. And my lungs were blowing more than I expected. So I dialled the sets back to the following:

3 x 30 Mountain Climbers
3 x 10 Squat Thrusts.

I suppose what doesn't help is the early stages of arthritis within my left wrist as a result of all the years of sports massage I've done, so a prolonged hand position with all my body weight driving through it doesn't feel good after a while. But as it happens I have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon this coming Thursday. No doubt he'll stab my wrist with a needle and inject something in to calm things down. Not something I'm looking forward to.

As a wind down (for me) I'm leaving you with a song from 'The Beach Boys', and their album, 'Surf's Up'. Oddly enough, this album is very environment centric, and concerns for the environment around us. It is worthy of a listen. The track is entitled, 'Disney Girls'.

Enjoy.

Until next time.



No comments: