Monday 5 July 2021

July Challenge ~ Day 5.


Copyright ©. wallpaperflare.com

Earlier today, in work whilst on break, I was having a conversation with one of my colleagues and friend regarding this 'challenge', and I bemoaned training / exercising in the evening, as I had done over the weekend just gone. So what do I end up doing this evening? Yup. What a mug. All my own fault, as I got caught up watching the tennis at Wimbledon.

Today's 'Hell Set' was the following:

4 x 20 Farmer's Squat with Dumbbell Shoulder Press
4 x 20 Forward Incline Bench Flys (basically face down on the bench)

The Farmer's squat and shoulder press had me beaten in both shoulders and lungs, so as previously done, I dialled the number of reps back to the following:

4 x 15 Farmer's Squat w db s/press
4 x 15 Fwd Inc Bench Flys

A rather stupid thought crossed my mind this evening, that being my last session on July 31st. What if I took the worst of the 'Hell Sets' and created one big 'Hell Session', all unadjusted. I think I'd need a rather big bucket in the corner.
We shall see. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy - and who was it that said we get wiser with age?

Todays, or rather, tonight's song is from a brilliant horror flick entitled, 'American Werewolf in London', an absolutely fantastic take on the werewolf genre, and quite ahead of its time for the make-up and animatronics for the man-to-werewolf-transition, plus moments of dark humour.

The song is from Van Morrison and is the title track of his album, 'Moondance'.

Enjoy.

Until next time.



No comments: